College and Adult Life for Deaf Children
The Water Prairie Chronicles Podcast airs new episodes every Friday at Noon EST!
Find the full directory at waterprairie.com/listen.
Deaf College Students and Young Adults
Parents of deaf and hard of hearing children have concerns about their children’s safety both when they are young and when they’re older. Cindy and Heather Phillips join us again in this episode to talk about life after high school. They both share advice for deaf students, parents of deaf children, and teachers who work with deaf students.
If you missed the first part of the interview, be sure to go back to Episode #36 () and learn about Heather’s diagnosis, the early years of parenting a deaf child, and how Heather navigated school challenges.
Be sure to check out some of the links below. I’ve included a great resource for parents and students who are looking at college or are already college students, and I’d like to thank Intelligent for providing us with the link to this resource for deaf students! There is also a link to an organization Cindy recommends for parents of deaf and hard-of-hearing children.
- Contact Cindy and Heather through Facebook or send them an email at email@example.com, and I’ll forward it to them.
- Cindy’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cindy.brownphillips.7
- Heather’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heather.phillips.35325
- Resources for the Deaf:
Alarm Clocks for Deaf and Hard of Hearing: * I am an Amazon Associate and may benefit if you use these links.
- https://amzn.to/3M7025O – Super Loud Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker
- https://amzn.to/3M4ASVy – Extra Loud Vibrating Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker
- https://amzn.to/3V5IV8L – Sonic Bomb Dual Extra Loud Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker
Connect with Us: https://linktr.ee/waterprairie
Support this channel: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/waterprairie
Music Used: “LazyDay” by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ Artist: http://audionautix.com/