Episode #36: Hearing Loss and Deafness in Children (Part 1)
How to Tell if Your Baby is Deaf
The Water Prairie Chronicles Podcast airs new episodes every Friday at Noon EST!
Find the full directory at waterprairie.com/listen.
My Child Has Hearing Loss, What To Do Next?
Do you know how to tell if your baby is deaf? Do you know what questions you should be asking your doctor? Our guests today are a mother-daughter duo, Cindy and Heather Phillips, who join us to talk about how Cindy and her husband have raised 2 deaf children and some of the decisions they’ve made to help their children become successful adults.
This is the first of a 2-part interview. During this part of the interview, we concentrate on the early years of the children being diagnosed with hearing loss, starting school, school changes, school accommodations, friendships, support for parents, and some fun stories sprinkled throughout. The next part will be released in the first week of October 2022 and will include navigating college as a deaf student, living on campus, plans for the future, and current work challenges. I’ll post the link to the episode here once it is posted.
- Contact Cindy and Heather through Facebook or send them an email at email@example.com, and I’ll forward it to them.
- Cindy’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cindy.brownphillips.7
- Heather’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heather.phillips.35325
- Resources for the Deaf:
- American Society for Deaf Children: https://deafchildren.org/
- Information for Deaf College Students: https://bit.ly/DeafCollegeGuide
Connect with Us: https://linktr.ee/waterprairie
Support this channel: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/waterprairie
Music Used: “LazyDay” by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ Artist: http://audionautix.com/